Media Button Overlay Update 2.2.0
Here's to an update that fixes what some Android system updates have broken, and improved the UX a bit.
- Update SDK to API 25
- Proper permission request and adding for the draw over screen permission
- Overlay can now be left anywhere on the screen that you desire, not locked to the sides
- FIX OVERLAY DRAGGING FOR ALL PLATFORMS - once and for all!
- Fix interesting launch bug that occurred when launching from a reinstall over ADB
- Fix drop target sizes on the overlay drop screen to be consistent
- Fix crash where a player may be installed but disabled by the user in their application menu
As it does take me time to get to it to fix things, obviously I'll prioritize that. However, I do have some new things I want to do with it (eventually):
- Allow on lock screen
- App shortcuts to launch/stop the overlay
- Tile in the notification shade
- Further automation support
- More players available
- Hide overlay in screenshots
- Automatic color changing based on current app (this one is still a maybe, but would be pretty cool)
The dragging issue eluded me for so long because my primary device was Samsung, and that same phone is now what I use as my media player/maps tool in my car. It would seem that Samsung doesn't properly implement some parts of the Android API, so I'm curious what malicious repurcussions could occur from others abusing it with on-screen overlays.